MAEDS Spring PD Day
May 10th, 2019
We are actively exploring topic ideas, have a great idea or know a great presenter please let us know.
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest." - Benjamin Franklin
Each May MAEDS provides a full day of PD for its members. In the past this awesome event has taken place at Mid-Michigan Community College Doan Campus in Mount Pleasant with satellite locations at REMC 1 in Houghton and Oakland Schools in Waterford.
Check back here for information regarding 2019.
2018 Session Information
Security on a Shoestring Part 1 - Starting Your Security Program
- Identity and password management
- Implementing a Risk Management program within your organization
- Achieving your cybersecurity goals by utilizing scanning tools and software hardening documents
- Crafting and structuring a policies, standards and procedures
Making the shift from VMWare to Microsoft Hyper-V
- Compare features between the two platforms
- Migrating and converting Virtual Machines
- Extending management through System Center Virtual Machine Manager (VMM)
- Planning & Design and Training opportunities with Microsoft credits
Security on a Shoestring Part 2 - Using Open Source Tools and Intelligence: 'See What the Bad Guys See'
- Using both graphical and command line tools to detect vulnerabilities within your environment
- Setting up alerts using free or low cost tools to keep an eye on your network
- The use of openly available tools to gain network intelligence
- Information sharing and free resources
Getting started with a Public Cloud Infrastructure
- Overview of Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services
Public Cloud Reference architectures
- Iaas or PaaS?
- Common services and use cases
- Common mistakes and pitfalls to avoid